*Do Androids Dream of Electric Reindeer?
Image above modeled by Martin Nebelong in MasterpieceVR using AMD’s Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card with final render done using Radeon™ ProRender in Maxon Cinema 4D™.
How will we celebrate holidays in the future as the separation between organic life, technology and artificial life gets smaller and smaller? Imagine a future where humans and machines celebrate a holiday together. All traditions and holidays are welcome!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Design a model or scene in MasterpieceVR where humans and machines celebrate a holiday together. Use MasterpieceVR’s new, powerful and easy to use Grid, Guide and Gizmo tools to help you in designing the mechanical parts.
Contestants who take an extra step to render their MasterpieceVR models using AMD’s Radeon™ ProRender* are eligible to win the Bonus Prize. Rendering your MasterpieceVR model and scenery in another DCC application with Radeon™ ProRender lets you apply physically-based lighting and materials to enhance the final appearance of your creation.
Additional tools like Photoshop can be used to apply additional post-processing to enhance your creation, as was done in the image above. Entrants must provide a version of the rendered scene without additional post-processing applied.
*Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s high-performance, physically-based rendering engine that enables 3D artists to create incredible renders quickly and easily. Radeon™ ProRender supports GPUs and CPUs from any hardware vendor, not just AMD, and is available for many popular digital content-creation applications with free plug-ins available for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, and Blender™, and is natively integrated into Maxon Cinema 4D™ R19. Learn more and download the plug-ins at pro.radeon.com/prorender.
PRIZES - All graphics cards are Radeon™ VR Ready Creator cards designed for VR content creators
1st Place Prize - Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition + AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600
The AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 is the world’s lowest power 6-core, 12-thread desktop processor (AMD Ryzen™ VR Ready Premium) featuring advanced multi-core performance. Combined with the Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics card provides an ideal VR experience for tools such as MasterpieceVR.
2nd Place Prize - Radeon™ Pro Duo
The Radeon™ Pro Duo is the world’s first dual-GPU professional graphics solution.
3rd Place Prize - AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600
Bonus “Radeon™ ProRender” Prize
- Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
The Radeon™ Pro WX 9100 delivers the ultimate workstation graphics for professional workflows.
Runner-up Prizes: Free Sketchfab Pro Accounts
The 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Bonus Prize winners, as well as 2 more runner-ups will receive Sketchfab Pro Accounts
- Model must be made entirely in MasterpieceVR.
- Submit only original work.
- A contestant can only win in one of the categories, but may submit multiple models.
- The final model must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged with #CyborgHolidays.
- Any piece rendered using Radeon™ ProRender is eligible for the Bonus Prize. Please provide in-progress images and screenshots in the #CyborgHolidays thread of the MasterpieceVR Forum along with a link to a Sketchfab upload of the model.
- The contest is not open to employees of MasterpieceVR, AMD, or Sketchfab.
- Submission deadline is January 19th, 2018 at 11:59pm ET.
Alex Blake-Davies - Radeon™ Pro Software marketing, AMD
Martin Nebelong - VR Artist & Digital Illustrator
Bart Veldhuizen - Sketchfab Community Team
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes. Winners will be asked to sign a release form that allows AMD and MasterpieceVR rights to use the art for marketing purposes. See release form here.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged with #CyborgHolidays to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be announced by January 26th, 2018