We had a really successful launch in September, so thank you to all early users for your support, comments and great feature ideas! We’re logging them and organizing for a series of updates to keep MasterpieceVR fresh and interesting for all of you.
This is a smaller update, mostly focussing on improvements and bug fixes discovered by the community on launch. Below is a list of what’s new with this release and a teaser for things to look forward to in the near future.
New Features / Improvements:
- Mirror support for Sculpt and Brush Paste - You can now paste selections in mirror mode, giving you a lot of power for creating complex symmetrical designs with ease!
- Sculpting tools now ‘allowed’ outside of cube - You can move in and out of the sculpting cube without affecting the flow of your sculpting. For those times when you are sculpting at the edge of the cube and don’t want the sculpt brush to “turn off” when you leave the cube!
- Updated network user interface
- Toggle palette menu open and closed with with the trigger on your menu hand
- Keyboard shortcut: F4 toggles desktop full screen mode for MPVR window
- Browser: windows scrollable with tool pad, and improved laser interaction with browser windows
- Locking windows now freezes grabbing
- Added scrollable menu hover sounds (maybe the most important update here!)
- Increased the sculpt paint strength
- Improved performance: rendering engine improvements, reduced save file size, and improved save/load times.
- Fixed: Minor user interface bugs, Brush exporting bugs, donut highlight area, sculpt color shifting issue, sculpt save camera not rendering sculpture, import/exporting obj/fbx being flipped
- Possible fix for the users with min spec not seeing sculpting
- Possible fix for render textures being released automatically
You can join our VR Creatives Facebook group and take part in our Halloween Sculpting Challenge: https://www.facebook.com/groups/688854884643543/
We would love some help building a VR Art community on our Website Forum! You can share your art in progress, help new users with tips and tricks and share your feature ideas in our Features Wishlist thread. http://forum.masterpiecevr.com/
- Voice-activated commands
- Jazzed-up studio environment